Subject: Re: Hi All
From: "Garfield Benjamin" <[email-masked]>
To: "AMOS MAILING LIST" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 17:34:41 -0500

> I recently posted a message to CU-Amigas newsgroup asking if 
> somebody could give me any information on which is the best
> language to start programming, I got various replies but the general
> opinion was that Amos was a dead language...

   Well, I certainly do some AMOS-programming and although I'm not a
   100% AMOS-user (meaning I also program in other languages) I
   think it is a bit absurd for people, particularly those associated with
   magazines which carry great influence, to make such rediculous
   statements: "Amos is a dead language"...

   You will find AMOS to be an exceptional language for learning
   programming and more than that, you will find AMOS to be quite
   capable of producing some superb projects.

> ...but then I happened across the Amos list that was on the latest
> CU-CD and I then realized that this was in fact the reverse. Then
> some kind person emailed me saying that he would let me have
> Amos-Pro boxed and also Mastering Amos for the price of the
> postage (5.15) which I gladly accepted :-) so it looks like I will be
> using this group as I'm gonna need a little bit of help in the future
> so please be patient as I know zero at the moment but I'm  studying
> Mastering Amos which is slowly making sense, Anyway Hi all

   Welcome to the world of programming...

   Just remember that "Rome wasn't built in a day" and neither are a
   master-programmer or master-project.  Start out small and gradually
   tackle larger projects to challenge yourself.  Soon, you will be very
   surprised at how much you can accomplish with your newly
   developing skill.

   If you need help, that's what this list is for so, just ask...

   GOOD LUCK!!!!

      Take  care,   
      GARFIELD
      _________________________
      Current projects...
      SideShooter(AMOS): 80% Complete
      Website(http://www.sosbbs.com/~gbenjam): 20% Complete